Friday, February 11, 2011

That's right...I'm a teacher!

     School. If I had to describe my life in one word, it would be school. I'm not going to bore you with a detailed basis of my schedule, but I will share with you the interesting stuff!! So, in science, we are learning about systems (muscular, skeletal, lymphatic, nervous, etc.) and Mrs. Hollar (my science teacher) announced that we could pick one to teach and present to the class! Immediately, I knew which system I wanted. Digestive. I've always been interested in learning about the pathway of food and things like that! Mrs. Hollar divided everyone up and put me in the Digestive System!!!! YES! I found that I wasn't the only one that wished to have the system, but also Cindy, and Spencer. Two very smart people! I was glad I wasn't in a group with a person that depends way to much on others to do the work. So, mrs. Hollar told everyone that we would be taking a test on our system to see if we would be able to teach and present it to the class. I, of course, get a 100!! No surprise there. So, a week later, Mrs. Hollar gives us this big sheet of boxes to fill out lesson plans on. I filled all the boxes out (stuff like, what to give for homework and who says what), while Cindy and Spencer worked together to come up with what notes everyone needed to write. Two weeks later, everyone was ready to teach!!! Skeletal was the first to go and that is when everything came into perspective. Mrs. Hollar had made a quiz for every system and you had to take it based on what the students taught you! So, I knew the next couple of months would be major studying in the science areas! On my skeletal quiz, I made a 100. Sill no surprise. After Skeletal was Muscular. I made a 93 on that test. Yes, you can say it, it was a surprise! Then Nervous went, Cardiovascular, and Respiratory. Finally, it was time for Digestive (our first day to teach was Thursday which was yesterday). This experience has made me want to become a teacher even more! Knowing that I get a while to not study my brains off (which is good because I need them for math) is worth it all the more! Today, we gave out homework for them to do over the weekend! And, oh, what a glorious feeling that was! To pass out the homework and not have to do it! As, I walked around passing it out, their faces were priceless! "Gee, thanks Macey"! Or "Love you too...NOT!" HAHA!

      Well, I guess that's all! I have until Wednesday to teach and I am cherishing every moment of it! I hope everyone's weekends will be wonderful! Mine has my one word (school) written all over it because I have school tomorrow as a make-up day for a snowy week. Bye!
 

1 comment:

  1. Mace,

    I am so glad you got to teach! How fun!! In 5th grade, I got to teach one class, and it was the BEST! I still remember it! Enjoy every minute!

    Jackson can verify that Miss Macey is a dynamite teacher :-)

    Love you!
    Leanne

    ReplyDelete