Saturday, February 12, 2011

Saturday School

      Saturday school was complete nuts today!!! Not even half of the people came and we basically did nothing. At our school, we have Universal Breakfast, which is where the school provides free breakfast for everyone and it is delivered to your home base when you get there. The food is most of the time yummy. Today, we had and apple strudel. I'd give it a 3 on a scale of 5. In math, I found out that I made a 100 on my test!! Which means, I made the highest grade in my pre-algebra class and the rest of the team!!!! Mrs. Poole was so proud of me! Looks like not having to study hard in science really pays off! In pre-algebra, we played math bingo (when you get bingo, you have to say MATHO)! LOL! In science, we had a sub whose name was Mrs. Freeman! We didn't teach today, though. And now for my favorite part of the day!!! BAND! I play the flute, and in my class is the flutes (duhhh), clarinets, and saxophones. In the other 7th grade band class is the percussion (drums, xylophone, tambourine, and things like that), tuba, trumpet, french horn, etc. So, today was the first time that we put both of the classes together to play our concert pieces! OUR CONCERT IS IN 10 DAYS! So that was so much fun!!!!!!!! It's amazing how much the song changed from your basic flute, clarinet, and saxophone piece, to your big stuff!! Can't wait for the concert!! We skipped gym because we didn't have time for that (please keep in mind that each class is only like 30 minutes!) After that, it was Advanced Language Arts. In there, we played scrabble against the people that sit at your group. No one won since we only had 30 minutes. Next up is Social Studies. In there is Mr. Thompson who is the most funniest teacher I have ever had! We play games in there most of the time. But today, it was a quiz. He is really unlike any teacher I have ever had because he gave us 8 answers off of the quiz!! By now, we just expect to get some kind of answer off of any test or quiz in there! I haven't made below a 96 in that class! Lunch was also served there while we were doing our quiz. Mom always packs my lunch (I have never ever bought food from that cafeteria). So, while I was doing my quiz, I was eating pizza, chex-mix, and grapes. Along with raspberry lemonade to drink! It was the best quiz I have ever taken! Then, the bell rang and everyone was dismissed. I found that my dad and Cali were 16th in line which made my day (I never like waiting on the bench at car riders). When we pulled in the driveway, mom and Cole were playing basketball (Cole had school today too, but he rides the bus). Mom, dad, and Cole just left to go to his basketball game and I am at home by myself (well, Cali is here too) typing away.
          

No comments:

Post a Comment